The Flow Cytometry Core aims to provide instrumentation and expertise in quantitative, high-speed, and multi-parameter fluorescence analysis (up to 7 fluorochromes) as well as single cell analysis and cell sorting services. The technology available will allow the researcher to quantify up to 7 markers for each cell and simultaneously sort multiple sub-populations of interest, which can then be cultured or analysed, with an array of molecular and cellular biology tools.
Depending on the markers and instrumentation (analysers and sorters) used, flow cytometry applications include the following:
- Determination of protein co-expression and subcellular localization.
- Analysis of multiple biological processes such as cell cycle, proliferation and apoptosis.
- Sterile cell sorting.
- Single cell analysis (integrated CTC analysis system, Fluidigm mass cytometry CyToF2, Fluidigm C1-single cell auto prep system, benchtop Stratedigm S1000EXi cell analyzer, ImageStream Mark II).
- Flow cytometry analysis
- Cell sorting
- CTC enrichment and analysis
- Single cell analysis
- Experimental design (reagents and protocols)
- Data storage
- Graphics presentation
- Training for researchers and students
BD™ LSR II Flow
BD Accuri™ C6
BD FACSAria™ III Sorter
MoFlo® Astrios™ Sorter
ImageStreamX Mark II
Single Cell Analyzers
Single Cell CTC (JETTA 400 sample prep system, Vanguard Imaging Station)
C1 Single Cell Auto
Mass Cytometry - CyToF2
Copyright © 2012 Qatar Biomedical Research Institute . All rights reserved