Epilepsy: From Pathophysiology to Diagnosis and Therapy
December 19-22, 2015
Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI),
The primary goal of this IBRO-MENA Neuroscience School is to provide students with a general understanding of the basic principles of neurogenetics, and to encourage them to pursue careers in research and academia. Through lectures, practical workshops, and discussion sessions, we hope to expose students to the fundamentals of neurogenetics, from the molecular to clinical levels.
The course will cover the following modules:
- Pathophysiology, epidemiology, etiology and genetics of epilepsy
- Assessment and diagnostic modalities in epilepsy
- Principles of treatment of epilepsy and model organisms in epilepsy research
- Psychosocial impact, comorbidities and mortality in epilepsy
The course structure
will be comprised of:
- Lectures by expert instructors
- Experimental work
- Interactive discussion sessions
- Student presentations
- Professional development sessions
- Networking sessions
We hope this course will ignite students’ curiosity about the brain as an intricate physical organ, and how its underlying components can work together in synchrony to give rise to complex behaviour and cognition.
Image Credit: ScienceLife
Students from the MENA region who are interested in pursuing careers in neurosciences are encouraged to apply via the IBRO website
Please check our accepted participants list to confirm your place allocation.
If you have any additional questions about the School, please contact Dr. Hilal A. Lashuel at email@example.com