Summer Research Program 2017
The Summer Research Program (SRP) at Qatar Biomedical Research Institute (QBRI) will offer intensive research training opportunities in specific fields of biomedical research to exceptional undergraduate students from Qatar, the region as well as international universities. The program will provides the participants with unique opportunities for hands-on laboratory research experience under the supervision of distinguished researchers at QBRI in a challenging and yet knowledge rewarding environment. The program also seeks to enrich the participant’s experience outside the laboratory through their participation in a series of seminars, workshops and informal interactions with members of the scientific community at QBRI and in other biomedical research institutions in Qatar.
The program will run for seven weeks, from May 7th to June 22nd
; Exceptions can be made if there is a need. The intensive nature of the program requires full-time commitment from the participants.
To be considered for the program, the applicant must:
- Be enrolled in undergraduate program in biological/medical related science and have completed at least 2 years of coursework by the summer of this year
- Have minimum graduate point average (GPA) of 3
Applicants must fill the online form and submit the following documents:
To apply, please click here
- Up-to-date resume.
- Official copy of the university academic transcript.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty or instructors who are familiar with the student and are in a position to
assess the student’s capabilities and potential for a career in science.
- Selection of two projects. To view the list of projects, please click here.
If you encounter any difficulties in the application process, please send an email to QBRI-SRP@qf.org.qa
Selection Criteria & Evaluation Proces
Applications will be evaluated by QBRI selection committee based on specific criteria including:
- The student’s academic record and performance.
- Letters of recommendation.
The top candidates will be interviewed in person or via Skype by members of the selection committee prior to making the final admission decision.
Poster for the Summer Research Program can be downloaded here
To hear feedback from last year’s program, please see below