Molecular Biology and Viral Vector Production
The Molecular Biology Core will offer access to reagents and instruments needed to carry out molecular biology research on an efficient and cost effective basis. This platform will provide high quality services to researchers based on a widespread expertise in molecular biology.
The viral vector production unit aims to help researchers with their need to safely engineer genetically modified viruses (e.g., adeno-associated viral, adenoviral, retroviral and lentiviral-based vectors), and to exploit these as powerful tools for introducing constructs into mammalian cells.
- Consultation for primer design, library construction, experimental design.
- Robotic automation for liquid handling.
- Digital gene expression analysis (Nanostring nCounter analysis system).
- Multiplexed protein analysis systems (BioPlex 200 from BioRad, Luminex Flexmap 3D from Illumina).
- DNA sequencing.
- Real-time RT-PCR (qPCR).
- Microcapillary electrophoresis.
- Hypoxic chamber and oxygen/temperature monitor (HypOxystation, OxyLite Pro) for cell culture experiments which require controlled and sustained normoxic, hypoxic and anoxic conditions.
- Viral vector production.
- Mammalian cell viral transduction.
Light Cycler 480
7900HT Fast RealTime PCR System
NanoDrop 8000 UV-Vis Spectrophotometer
Gel Documentation System LAS 600RGB (GE)
Liquid Handler Freedom EVO® 75 (Tecan)
Bio-Plex 200 Multiplex Analysis System (BioRad)
ChemiDoc-It®TS2 Imager (UVP)
Luminex FlexMap 3D®
Calcium imaging RatioMaster™ Fluorescence Microscope
Innova® 44/44R Incubator Shaker
ODYSSEY® CLx scanner (LI-COR)
Sorvall™ RC 6 Plus Centrifuge
nCounter® Analysis System (Nanostring)